Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIAIR recent update has crippled my mount connection (hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum)

The new firmware update from ZWO has created choas with my mount connectivity. For the past 8 months I've had absolutely no problems using the ASIAIR PLUS with my AVX mount. Since the new update, whenever I go to the polar alignment routine I get the message that "MOUNT NO CONNECTION." 

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish there was a way to undo the update, but I can't figure that out.

Thank you all,

Joe

There may be some info on the ASiAir facebook forum, might be worth a look. ZWO seem to be making a right mess with these updates recently. 

Which version have you updated to, if I have interpreted it correctly this is the latest v2.1 - 10.74

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASIAIR/permalink/2511344792362062?locale=en_GB

Jim 

Edited by saac

Thanks Jim, nice to have support with this problem. As of now, I don't feel it's possible to use my kit. I do love the ASIAIR PLUS, but if I can't use it with my trusty AVX mount, does this mean I'm needing to look at a new mount (ugh). Without the PA routine I'm sunk. [just posted on facebook and sent a bug report through the app]

Joe

Edited by psy1280

When opening the app there was an immediate update screen, was this to update the app or the Asiair firmware?

I had some weird problems too, slewing to the opposite direction both for return to home position and also pointing to target. Demands to input guide camera specs despite there being no guide camera present and inability to select and slew to target from "tonight's best".

With my mini which is emmc memory there's an option in one of the menus when you're connected to the unit to reset to factory setting the firmware.

I've created a thread about v2.0 10.46 ruining a lot for me on both my pro and mini, after reverting them both to earlier firmwares and using an older app version I think I've sorted the problems out.

15 hours ago, psy1280 said:

The new firmware update from ZWO has created choas with my mount connectivity. For the past 8 months I've had absolutely no problems using the ASIAIR PLUS with my AVX mount. Since the new update, whenever I go to the polar alignment routine I get the message that "MOUNT NO CONNECTION." 

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish there was a way to undo the update, but I can't figure that out.

Thank you all,

Joe

Is your mount shown as connected under the mount tab in the Asi Air app?

Yes, the mount gets shown initially when I start up, in fact, I can do a preview image, but when I try to do a PA routine I get the error message and the mount has been disconnected. I simply can't just turn on the mount, I have to shut everything down and try again....and again. After 14 tries the other night it worked! Why? How? No idea. But yesterday, same problem, i.e., disconnecting during PA routine.

Also, I did see where you can revert back to an earlier firmware but when I tried to do that it only allowed me to update to the new firmware....kind of a loop where I get stuck

You have to use an earlier app version on your phone, otherwise it will prompt you to install the latest firmware on the asiair which was available at the time the app was published. As an example when I used a 1.9 beta version of the app last week my pro only got updated to v9.46 or something, had I been using v2.1 of the app (latest) it would update to v10.47 or whatever it's on now.

@psy1280 is it possible to select a generic ascom moun (assuming the AVX is ascom compliant). I'm only grasping at straws. Hopefully ZWO will respond to the bug report - keep chasing them because this is really spoiling the user experience of an otherwise excellent bit of astro kit. 

Jim