Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

pipe mount

gliderpilot

Afternoon all,

I want to make a pipe mount but cannot find anywhere that sells galvanised steel pipe off cuts. ALl the diy, tooling and builders merchants near me don't have any in stock. The nearest place in Southampton sells it for £50 for 3m lenth - I only want 3 foot length! I guess now that everything is plastic it isn't so popular and therefore expensive.

Do you know anywhere that sells 1 or 2 inch pipe, with flanges, T-pieces and flanges? Alternatively, does anyone want 1.5m length of 2" steel pipe for a pipe mount.

I am based in Salisbury but can travel a bit to collect.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark, I would be tempted to approach a small engineering firm, they always have offcuts of various things, but you may have to try a few firms before you find something that suits.

Mike

Thanks for your kind offer for the scaffolding but I had a brainwave. I have a number of fence posts in the shed so I am now sketching out a wooden mount . I also have some old roller blade wheels which look that have some potential. I'll keep you posted as my sketches unfold.

Thanks for the help, chaps.

Mark

Archived