Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RCX400 and Autostar Suite XP

It's been years since I played with my Meade 12". I think I have the cables, but I have little recollection of the connections. Does anyone have a cabling diagram/etc to get my old windows xp to control my scope? Also, I'm in need of a pdf of the autostar suite v5 manual. Anyone? 

Thank you! 

David Ridge 

<Private contact details removed>

On 14/02/2023 at 23:20, David Ridge said:

It's been years since I played with my Meade 12". I think I have the cables, but I have little recollection of the connections. Does anyone have a cabling diagram/etc to get my old windows xp to control my scope? Also, I'm in need of a pdf of the autostar suite v5 manual. Anyone? 

Thank you! 

David Ridge 

<Private contact details removed>

I have a copy of the autostar v5.01 manual on PDF.

I have run the software on windows 10 so you could use a more modern laptop - in this case any existing USB to serial converter you have made need to be replaced as the old (circa 2008) version does not work with modern USB ports/chipsets. I bought one of these https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753HBT12/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1