Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1333

AMcD

I am concentrating on trying to image reflection nebula this winter.  This LRGB image of NGC1333 comprises 11 hours of luminance and 5 hours each of red, green and blue, for a total of 27 hours of 120s integrations.  It was taken under Bortle 5 skies in Worcester city centre over a number of nights in January using my TS Optics Photoline 130 Triplet APO and QHY268M with Antlia Pro LRGB filters, mounted on my Losmandy G11.  The data was captured using SGPro and the data was processed in PixiInsight.  As always, constructive criticism is most welcome.

NGC1333_LRGB-26hrs_Final.thumb.png.8bb20b100cf2bf97d0864055ff4e3fe5.png

• Like 21

10 hours ago, Elp said:

This looks brilliant, I like these sort of dark lurking targets but shining bright out the gloom, they're probably the worst to image and process though.

Many thanks @Elp.  Yes, the processing is a challenge.  I have to contend with an old sodium streetlight shining directly onto the observatory, as well as the more general light pollution in the city center. Even with high SNR from the large number of integrations I still have to wrestle an image out of the data when imaging these fainter targets.