Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do I attach a small scope with new finder to a NEQ6 mount?

In the picture is my current setup for using the Askar180, It is mounted to an ED80 I use the finderscope from that, it works but annoying and unnecessary, I also hate taking the ballhead from my tripod everytime since I use the tripod for my other photography. Looking for a solution to not have to take out my ED just to use the askar, but instead a mount that just takes the Askar and a finderscope for guiding. Also I want to keep using the standard finder for when I setup the ED so I would like a recommendation for a new one to use for the Askar. The setup would also have to counterweigh the 5kg weight from the NEQ6 mount, I do have a small weight which attached to both dovetail types. I hope you can help me save setup time, thanks!

DSC_0011.JPG

On 26/01/2023 at 16:31, Quetzalcoatl72 said:

Looking for a solution to not have to take out my ED just to use the askar, but instead a mount that just takes the Askar and a finderscope for guiding.

Have you considered adding a long dovetail bar so you could attach the Askar on the top and perhaps attach the guidescope at the bottom.

This post may give you more options https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/767238-show-your-guide-scope-mounts/page-4

Edited by AstroMuni
  • Thanks 1