Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 72ED
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro
Camera: QHY294M Pro
Wheel: QHYCFW3
Flattener: OVL Field Flattener
Filters: Antlia EDGE 4.5nm SHO, Antlia V Series LRGB
Guide scope: Skywatcher 9x50 finder
Guide camera: ASI178C

Captured over 4 nights, this image has 45 x 300" Ha, 37 x 300" OIII, 36 x 300" SII, 32 x 30" R, 33 x 30" G & 30 x 30" B, all with the camera at -10°C.  Calibrated only with darks, because for reasons I can't quite understand I don't seem to be able to get good flats with this new camera and filters.  Never had a problem with flats when I was still using my DSLR.

SharpCap used for polar alignment.  PHD2 for guiding and EQMOD for scope control.  APT for capturing.  APP for stacking and initial processing.  Starnet++ V2 to create starless narrowband masters for combining into a colour image in Photoshop, and RGB stars added on top.

Thanks for looking, and comments welcome.

Lion Nebula.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elp said:

That's a great image.

The 294 sensor is notorious for generating uneven flats, it was touched upon in this thread (as well as many others on the internet):

Thank you.  I had a read through that thread, but I don't think it's the same issue that I'm seeing.  My flats show a much stronger vignette than my lights, and when I use them for calibration my calibrated lights look like the vignette is increased instead of reduced.  I don't understand what's happening, but will continue trying to take flats that work.  I don't disassemble my kit at all, so hopefully if I do find a way to take better flats I'll be able to reprocess my image with them included.