Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Suddenly NINA will not flip

Peter Reader

Hi all,

I've used NINA successfully for about 1 year. I recently updated toa newer version of NINA and now my mount hits horizon limits before the meridian flip can occur. I have changed no settings.

Run log attached. Please can anyone help me out? This has ruined 2 nights of imaging already. There is this warning that appearswhen I start NINA which may be the problem? If so, how can I update the ASCOM Platform version please?

Thanks in advance, Pete

image.png.00c4c89551c448fc9ad7ea0214e049ab.png

20230117-194411-2.1.0.9001.8328.log

Your log file seems pretty clear alright, although it doesn't mention horizon limits but it stops tracking 22 minutes before the flip. Is there a message telling you it has hit limits?

I assume that your light frames from before that time are clear, and correctly platesolved over the Orion nebula?

Can you check your limits settings in ASCOM? If you disable limits entirely will it work? If your limits are correctly set at -90/+90 then maybe there's some mistranslation between ASCOM and the new NINA version so upgrading your ASCOM platform sounds like a definite plan.

image.png.e9d344d1f1c7fd66a308d5192b27edad.png