Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advise me about starting the observing hobby

Well I am a fan of a zoom eyepiece but I would definitely not recommend upgrading a telescope including eyepieces until you have spent time mastering your existing setup. This is a slow hobby that rewards patience and time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Raychin said:

Well for a 100€ for an eyepiece, that i will use long time, is perfectly ok.

If you're happy...  Note though that I am not recommending the Celestron x-cel LX eyepieces, I just happened to acquire a set along with another used 'scope.

Related to this does Celestron Zoom eyepiece 8-24mm 1.25" is something that will be useful or is a toy for a boy?

That is likely to remain a matter of opinion.  I have a very  similar zoom of a different brand, that cost no more than a single budget eyepiece. Optically good but mechanically stiff, and with restricted FOV at lower power.  The Baader Hyperion mkIV zoom (~250 Euros) is said to be good.

Now i am after a Dew Shield and ring heater. I am not sure with what the aluminium Celestron Dew shield is better (or it’s not), compared to a soft one fro Celestron or from another brand?

Get a dew shield (or make one).  Don't buy a dew heater until you have used the scope with the dew shield and have ascertained whether the dew shield is sufficient or not at your particular location/pattern of use.  I have never used a dew heater and while I have often been annoyed by the finder dewing up, deploying dew heater power supply and wires every night would also be annoying.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff
  • Like 1