SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan Wifi setup

Just bought a Synscan Wifi module and I'm having problems, using the app on my phone works just fine...

This is my setup:

Mele Quieter3 mounted on my AZ EQ6-Pro which connects to my home network via wifi. When using a lynx cable to connect from the Mele to the mount, this works just fine.

I want to remove the Lynx cable and use the Synscan Wifi but can't figure out how to connect to the Synscan Wifi module but still have the Mele connect to my network so I can RDP into it.

Has anyone been down this path and can tell me what needs doing? Am I correct to assume I need to use the 'Station Mode' and if so, how do I configure it?

From the instructions provided, not much to add to them. Note make sure you type in the SSID & password correctly, the wait for a reset is annoying if you get them wrong. Also, make sure you are in range and get a good strength signal from your home wifi.

In your SynScan app, tap Settings > WiFi Setting.
• Check “Modify Access Point” to
- Enable/Disable the Access Point Mode.
- Change the SSID(Name of the access point)
- Add or remove password for accessing the adapter’s Wi-Fi access point.
• Check “Modify Station” to
- Enable/Disable the Station Mode
- Enter the SSID of the Wi-Fi access point (router) to which the adapter will connect.
- Enter the password for the designated Wi-Fi access point (router).

Tap “Apply” button to confirm setting. You might need to restart the mount and/or re-connect to the correct Wi-Fi network on your smartphone.
Important: In most case, users should use either “Access Point Mode” or “Station Mode”, DO NOT enable both of them.

Factory Reset
If you forget the password of the adapter’s access point, the adapter will need to be reset to factory default for accessing.
The adapter can be reset to factory default after powered up and not accessed for 1 hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1