Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQUASCOM setup error [SOLVED]

StuartT

I am trying to set up my new mini-PC following Patriot Astro's video step by step. I've installed ASCOM and connected the mount to test the connection, but I am getting this error. I ran ASCOM diagnostics and it tells me every test has been passed. Any idea what the problem is?

EQUASCOM setup error.JPG

ASCOM diagnostics.JPG

Edited by StuartT

I don't know EQASCOM at all but the error message is common when an applications scripting interface is not registered correctly with Windows.

Try Mouse-Right-Click on the program shortcut for EQASCOM and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop-up context menu.

Let EQASCOM launch fully then close it down again without making any changes.

Now launch EQASCOM normally, without ADMIN rights this time and try to configure, does this fix the problem?

Edited by Oddsocks
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Oddsocks said:

I don't know EQASCOM at all but the error message is common when an applications scripting interface is not registered correctly with Windows.

Try Mouse-Right-Click on the program shortcut for EQASCOM and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop-up contact menu.

Let EQASCOM launch fully then close it down again without making any changes.

Now launch EQASCOM normally, without ADMIN rights this time and try to configure, does this fix the problem?

EQASCOM setup appears to be a script, so can't be run as administratorimage.thumb.png.da9f4b699af23a14fd555413435c54cd.png

• StuartT changed the title to EQUASCOM setup error [SOLVED]
9 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I must admit I thought you had an issue connecting to the scope not opening a script file 🙂 🙂

you would think windows would know how to open a file when you double click on it, right? Without me having to select a particular app!

16 minutes ago, StuartT said:

you would think windows would know how to open a file when you double click on it, right? Without me having to select a particular app!

Doesn't always work like that if there is no association already established.

• Thanks 1