Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade LX200 EMC 12''

Like @Peter Drew said- I'd expect the moonlight to unscrew leaving a standard SCT thread. You could mount a normal SCT visual back or a 2 inch diagonal with an SCT fitting on the scope side.

The LX200's often shipped with the Meade #1209 Zero Image Shift microfocuser that can be controlled through the autostar handset.  I'm not sure if this is the "original" setup you're looking for. You need an adapter ring that converts the SCT thread to a circular groove- the microfocuser has three small allen screws that lock into the groove to secure the focuser to the OTA. It's part of the microfocuser package usually I think.

I don't know if the same model of focuser fits all LX200's or if the older "LX200 classic" had a different model. I've seen the Meade #1209 microfocuser come up for sale used on UKABS occasionally and there's one listed on the ENS website now...I haven't looked at that one in detail, and I have no connection with the seller so you'd need to check that the adapter is included because I expect they'll be difficult to source if not. 

• Thanks 1