Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars - 15 December 2022

geoflewis

The seeing was quite challenging this session and boy was it cold outside, so after struggling a while I called it a wrap as I was cold to the core and starting to shiver despite multiple layers from top to toe.

I tried several processing methods, including just the individual SERs through AS3!/Registax, combining entire 3 SERs in PIPP (hate this as it turns 18Gb into nearly 50Gb), quality cropping joined 2 and 3 SERs through PIPP, de-rotating these PIPP SERs in WinJupos (these produced horrible ghosting - no idea why), etc, etc.

The best I could muster was a best 30k frames in AS3! from a best 50k frames PIPP SER created from two consecutive 3 min SER captures (are you still following me).....

2022-12-15-2122_6-GDL-RGB-Mars_pipp-50k_lapl4_ap14_F30000_sharp90_R6(1-1-20-40-60-80)AFP.jpg.c26726168f956bc3e3fbf5e0ef7723e3.jpg

I may have pushed the wavelets too strong on this one, as it looks very noisy to me, so I'll be interested to hear what others think. I think the reality is that the quality just wasn't there in the captured videos.

• Like 7

Nice image considering that you had to battle with your data to get it to this stage. I don't think it's over done and I don't see much noise through. Unfortunately, you are spoiled with the excellent image that you produced a few days ago that this one will never make you happy. Still a lot going on and the main features although soft are there. Nice to see the same clouds as in my capture.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Kostas, I’m back out trying again, but seeing is similar to last night, maybe slight worse, with freezing fog forming. Try 6 min captures, but won’t be staying out long tonight.

Good on you trying. My cold is still on full blown so I will give it a miss tonight. Looking forward to what you will capture tonight.

• Like 1