Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Qhy 462c problem

Astroscot2

Can't believe this just happened.....  before I slew my scope onto Mars I usually remove the cable from the camera usb port to keep the strain off the connector.  Tried to reinsert the cable and found resistance, on inspection I noted that part of the usb camera housing is stuck in the cable?. Not sure how this has happened, had very cold temps -10c this week in the Observatory, wonder if that's made the connector brittle?  Contacted Bern, hopefully he can help quickly.

What a nightmare.

Mark

20221214_193201.jpg

20221214_193114.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2022 at 20:07, Astroscot2 said:

Can't believe this just happened.....  before I slew my scope onto Mars I usually remove the cable from the camera usb port to keep the strain off the connector.  Tried to reinsert the cable and found resistance, on inspection I noted that part of the usb camera housing is stuck in the cable?. Not sure how this has happened, had very cold temps -10c this week in the Observatory, wonder if that's made the connector brittle?  Contacted Bern, hopefully he can help quickly.

What a nightmare.

Mark

20221214_193201.jpg

20221214_193114.jpg

Might have frozen together. Or the cable was out of specification or maybe the port had a fault.

Probably fixable with a sildering iron, you just need a new port.

Adam