Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 test

Rodd

I previously posted an HDR image using Ha only. Just for the heck of it--this is an HDR composition of the Ha and red channels.  Since it is not a color image, Ha was not added to red--but red and Ha were integrated using HDR composition.  Almost no processing occurred after integration--just edge crop, DBE, one histogram stretch and HDR compression.  I am trying to determine if it is worth continuing with this image.  Seeing has been poor and the FWHM is high.  Maybe if I can collect some data during better conditions.  I know the Ha, if used like this, will interfere with the brown dust of the region.  I plan on inserting it into the nebula--and only a tiny bit into the background--unless I can manage to differentiate the Ha from the dust.  then I will use it in the background behind the dust.  So the nebula and dust are floating in a red Ha background.  Until then, however, I only have red and Ha--so I used it fully.

FSQ 106 with 0.6x reducer and ASI 1600

Red: 167 x 30sec; 500 x 0.5sec

Ha: 42 x 300sec; 277 x 5sec

673842084_HDRHaandred3.thumb.jpg.ea5e15f74e10691457af67d7c28b5140.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 9