NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gerd Neumann Camera Tilting Unit CTU - Anyone used it?

Andyb90

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the Gerd Neumann Camera Tilting Unit CTU. Has anyone used it?

If so do you attach it to your camera and then to the filter wheel or can you put it between filter wheel and scope?

I see there is an m48 version. Do you just use an adapter then like m48 male to M42 male/female for connecting to scope or filter wheel with M42 connection?

Regards,

Andy

44 minutes ago, 900SL said:

There's a GN adaptor for 48 to 42 from memory

Its a good tilt adjuster, I don't have a filter wheel, mine is mounted behind the FFreducer in front of a filter drawerIMG_20221129_232909.thumb.jpg.97d3b438a4665feb7fdf429fe5d762bb.jpg

Great thanks for the pic. I also saw the below pic on the Gerd Neumann website, which shows the CTU inserted between the scope and the rest of the imaging train like your setup. So I think I should be fine setting it up that way. Ordered a couple of adapters too. 

Also I see the adjustment screws are on the side of the CTU which is even better 🙂

CTU_in_setup.jpg.775000020e6bcb2617177c7e06ad41b9.jpg

Edited by Andyb90

4 hours ago, Andyb90 said:

Also I see the adjustment screws are on the side of the CTU which is even better 🙂

I have one of the m48 CTU. Both sides are female M48 so use adapters as necessary. As well as having the adjustment screws on the rim there are just three of them rather than 3 pairs of push pull screws like cheaper units. A strong spring inside the CTU trying to keep the plates together, takes the place of the three pull screws. The three rim screws push the plates apart and are finely threaded so you have more precise adjustment.

Alan

• Like 2