Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Loading ASCOM _ .NET error code 3010

Oh dear. The day has come I have been dreading. I have a new laptop and I'm loading all the stuff I need onto it for imaging.

When I run the ASCOM platform installation, it come up with a message that it needs to install .NET 3.5 which it proceeds to do.

It then reports 'The operation was completed successfully.'

Followed by 'DISM exit code 3010'

'Press any key to continue'

And when I do a window is launched that tells me that the installation process ran but returned error code 3010.

It then says 'Please address the issue reported by DISM and then re-run the Platform installer'

I'm getting too old for this. Please help. 

cheers

gaj

Thanks knobby,

that seems to have done the trick. I hate this. It scares the pants off me. Every time I have done this there has been an issue.

Every time I come to do this, it has 'improved' and something new is not exactly as in the instructions.

Just going to try it out and find the next gotcha.

cheers

gaj

• Like 1

Its all perfectly normal.  In the days prior to dotNet it used to be C++ extensions that needed to be installed.  All that is happening is making sure you have the correct supporting files for the main application to function, and as pointed out a reboot is often required to register these supporting files thus enabling the main application (ASCOM in this case) to function correctly.  It would be nice if the programmers used better error trapping so the 3010 error is converted into a meaningful instruction to perform a reboot !

• Like 1

I think I have it all set now, but I have to say it wasn't straight forward.

My Starlight Xpress Costar didn't want to work with PHD2. Seems to now.

Loading EOS utility wanted me to update rather than install fresh. I used my old laptop with DVD drive to copy the EOS disk onto a memory stick and installed from that!

Then there is the joy of getting all the settings copied across from my old laptop.

I hear the voice of JFK edited to "we do these things not because they are easy" . . . yeh ok I suppose so.

Of course I need to do a dry run to make sure. Just need a patch of clear sky. Now where can I download one of them from?

cheers

gaj