NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Capturing in mono - firecapture

I've turned off the de Bayering option in firecapture but my preview video is showing in colour and I'm not sure why. I would like to shoot in mono and de Bayer in Autostakkert later. Camera is the 224mc.

Edited by Rustang

• Rustang changed the title to Capturing in mono - firecapture
6 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Is it just the preview being debayered for viewing? What is the actual saved file like?

Good point, I haven't checked, I guess I assumed the preview software wouldnt debayer so my file is in colour! I'm still new to this type of imaging so will it be clear in the file as to whether or not it's captured in mono? It's say in the log file - Debayer (data) =no (raw) 

Edited by Rustang

21 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Good point, I haven't checked, I guess I assumed the preview software wouldnt debayer so my file is in colour! I'm still new to this type of imaging so will it be clear in the file as to whether or not it's captured in mono? It's say in the log file - Debayer (data) =no (raw) 

Sorry if I misled you as I have no idea on the software or video capture, just that it's the same principle in NINA for DSO imaging so was just an idea 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Sorry if I misled you as I have no idea on the software or video capture, just that it's the same principle in NINA for DSO imaging so was just an idea 🙂

Not at all, your probably right, the log file says it was captured with out so should be good 👍

By default Firecapture will always capture in raw (not debayered) but will preview in colour (if a colour camera is used). If you click on the arrow next to the debayer icon you can choose to not debayer in preview, and also the option to force debayering during capture, though it strongly recommends that you don't allow this, as it sevely restricts your fps rate.

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Thanks 1