NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Xanthe Terra centre stage....9th Nov

chiltonstar

Another Mars, with Xanthe Terra centre field. It's good to see some detail starting to appear, even if it has to be coaxed out due to the average seeing, high wind and dew everywhere! Visually, the white N and S polar areas were very obvious, even more so on the monitor during image capture.

180 Mak, with ASI120 colour camera.

Chris

mars09112022b.png

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 6

Looking good Chris. I haven’t been able to capture any Mars images since 31 October, so I’m beginning to get anxious when the conditions will break for me….. The forecast for tomorrow (Saturday) looks good, but 2 days ago that’s what the forecast indicated for tonight (Friday), but that’s all gone….

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Looking good Chris. I haven’t been able to capture any Mars images since 31 October, so I’m beginning to get anxious when the conditions will break for me….. The forecast for tomorrow (Saturday) looks good, but 2 days ago that’s what the forecast indicated for tonight (Friday), but that’s all gone….

Poor weather here too. I had to set up when the online weather satellite said I had about an hour of clear sky...Needs must.

Chris

• Like 1