Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn tonight in Thailand.

MeerkatinBKK

Hi all,

The seeing tonight was the best I've experienced in my very short astro-life. It really seemed that for the first time ever Saturn was crystal clear more often than a boiling, bubbling ball with occasional clarity. So needless to say I had to get the NexImage out for another try. Didn't quite get the angle of the rings that was more obvious visually, but all in all I'm pretty chuffed as it's only my second attempt on Saturn. I really would kill for a fine (motorised) focuser though!

post-15182-133877364017_thumb.jpg

Pretty annoyed though that in my excitement I forgot to note down the settings I used in wxAstrocapture (which knocks the socks off the NexImage-included AMCap IMO). About 200 frames - everything done in Registax 5 (I just kind of let it do its thing then played with the wavelets; haven't read the manual yet.)

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks guys. Baby steps.

Dave yeah the LP here in Bangkok is awful (my brother is bringing out UHC-S and OIII filters from the UK for me next week so hope they will help with the nebulae). We have a weekend cottage about halfway between Bangkok and Khorat though, so that's where I do my best observing - very rural.

Cheers

Nick

Archived