NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY 462c install problems

Astroscot2

I seem to be having problems installing my new QHY 462C.  Ive installed the "all in one" driver pack from the QHY website which included Sharpcap.

On connecting the camera I get the audible bong on successful connection then instant audible warning of disconnection.  When I open Sharpcap I can see QHY camera / guider but when selecting it offers only ascom connection and no direct connection. Ascom connection does not work anyway.

In device manager, there looks to be an issue with the laptop seeing the hardware, see below, 

Ive uninstalled and re-installed a number of times and still same issue.   Im not sure how I can test the hardware is actualy working.    Usually I can resovle these problems but quite stuck this time, ive shown a few screenshots.

Appreciate any pointers..

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Ok so ive tried uninstalling Sharpcap, drivers the lot, reinstalled latest sharpcapvand the all in one driver complete. Still same issue, camera does not seem to be recognised, ive gone through the process of checking drivers are updated and still no joy, really at my wits end with this. I will try on my main PC also.

There must be something obvious,  unless my windoes version 8.1 is not compatible but I cant see any reference to that on the QHY or Sharpcap websites?

Mark

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

I belive windows 10 drivers are not compatible with windows 8.

When you uninstall the driver windows doesn't actually delete the file it remains on your drive. There is an option to remove it from the drive if you remove the device in the device manager by right clicking on the device. If you don't it will just sit there and get reused.

All devices have a manafactures ID and a driver has the same ID in it. This is how they are associated. Things can go wrong with this or you can even manually pick the wrong driver. So best to make sure the actual driver file is wiped from the computer and reinstall.

image.png.422172374a7002e0fdfc08233cdf5062.png

Also from the manual you might try QHY's UpdateCheck to look at the driver to see what's going on.

image.png.ec03c0507f629375a871926762bc1036.png

Edited by StarryEyed
  • Like 1

Ive tried as suggested and still no luck.  QHY sent me the driver for windows 10 and advised it should work, ive uninstalled all previous drivers.

Looking on device manager I see the following, not really sure what this means.

Mark

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Middle section first screen shot

"The software was tested for compliance ... on a different version of windows and may not be compatible with this version"

Which is what is to be expected Windows 11 and Windows 10 have the same driver requirements.

When QHY say it should work we there can be all sorts of service packs and updates that might be required to get it to work. As you know it works on your other computer with windows 10 then as @PETECPC says upgrade this machine to windows 10.

• Like 1