NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

syscan wifi problems

FWIW, I've just updated the firmware to 1.10 (it was showing as 1.07) on mine and now it shows as "SynScan_WiFi_xxxx" for its SSID, as it should have done. If @davehowat is wondering how, proceed as follows:

1) download the update zip file from: http://skywatcher.com/download/software/accessories/

2) unpack the zip file on a Windows pc/laptop that has WiFi available.

3) fire up your mount, with the WiFi dongle attached.

4) connect the computer/laptop's WiFi to the "ESP-xxxx" network.

5) run the file "SynScanWiFi_FimwareLoader.exe" and click on "Version" to see what you have already.

5) browse to the file "SynScanWiFi_Ver_0110.SSWF" from the drop down then click "Update"

6) wait for the update to reach 100% and it'll prompt you to re-boot the mount/dongle.

Done! It should now show "SynScan_WiFi_xxxx" as its SSID.

EDIT: mine failed to reach 100% first time, I had to re-boot the mount & start over, don't panic if yours does the same.

Edited by wulfrun
added as per
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, davehowat said:

Cheers so can I change the software ? Or just send back to Flo looking for a new one ? Don't want too be back and forward with parcels etc .thanks for the input

Sorry you need a PC to update the firmware, you said above you are a mac user.

9 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

It was the CN-quote that mentioned Mac, he said he'd tried a Windows laptop so he should be OK to update it.

Edited by wulfrun
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

Cheers I have access to a windows laptop so shall try tomorrow when I get home to al LM the help is very appreciated,thanks again

• Like 1

Alright thanks for all the support ,managed to get wifi dongle updated ,works well if a little bit flaky and still reverts to the esp WiFi network after about 5 minutes ..if I'm being honest it's probably about the less wires more than anything else as still like too star hop ... So onwards to the next step the bagging of off clouds to allow some star gazing lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davehowat said:

Alright thanks for all the support ,managed to get wifi dongle updated ,works well if a little bit flaky and still reverts to the esp WiFi network after about 5 minutes ..if I'm being honest it's probably about the less wires more than anything else as still like too star hop ... So onwards to the next step the bagging of off clouds to allow some star gazing lol

CLICK ON IT IN PHONE SETTINGS AND THE FORGET IT AS A CONNECTION, IT SHOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN.