Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1-redit

Rodd

I was never satisfied with my M1 from the C11Edge.  I know now that it is woefully under integrated.  I gave it another go and I think it is much better.  It is softer, less aggressive.  The palette is not to my liking, in that respect the original is better.  But in all other respects, I think I like the new one.  There are aspects of the original I like better--but I think they are wishful processing.  I don't think the data can support them (at least not with my present skill set).  So I did what all desperate imagers do--I combined them.  The first image is the new version, the second is a 50-50 combination of new and old, and the 3rd image is the old version.  I am liking the 50-50 version to tell the truth.  But that may be wishful thinking too--so, 1,2 or 3?

New one

Z9.thumb.jpg.4fa91a3772ebcceb02c841124c376220.jpg

New plus the original 50-50

752243208_z9Astrobin.thumb.jpg.4151f4d5bfda90f81febe67d4eb81abe.jpg

Original

Z7astrobin.thumb.jpg.1dd9db2e1c8cb968e8cec666aa1934a6.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Rodd 

Yet again you post an image of an object I’ve recently been working on!

I like them all but the processing in version 1 (new) it’s more ‘natural’ and I agree you would benefit from more integration 

I personally find the individual subs in ha-sii-oiii are really clear (I’m my case) but as soon as you try to add them together it gets tricky! 

how long were the subs and how many? 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, Well, this is an RGB image. I think the subs were either 60 sec plus the 10 sec ones.  In my sky I am limited to about 2-3 min for broadband and 5 min for narrowband.  There are between 80 and 130 60 sec subs/ channel.  I definitely need more

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Bryan, Well, this is an RGB image. I think the subs were either 60 sec plus the 10 sec ones.  In my sky I am limited to about 2-3 min for broadband and 5 min for narrowband.  There are between 80 and 130 60 sec subs/ channel.  I definitely need more

Thanks Rodd 

I should have realised! 
well, now I know that, I have a new found respect for for the image! 
Well done! I hope you get chance to add more subs 😊

Bryan

2 hours ago, assouptro said:

Thanks Rodd 

I should have realised! 
well, now I know that, I have a new found respect for for the image! 
Well done! I hope you get chance to add more subs 😊

Bryan

Thanks Bryan!  Unfortunately not for quite some time. The C11 is packed away and I am back to wider field imaging. Another pebble in my shoe!

• Like 1