NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Phantom of the Opera

Rodd

Halloween is approaching and I can't think of a more fitting image....would that that were the reason I captured it.  I was shooting the helping hands nebula and just got tired of not seeing satisfactory results.  8 hours of data left a light, washed out image with a hint of the target.  It is going to take weeks of integration time in my sky.  So I switched to some good ole instantly gratifying Ha.  I needed the boost.  

FSQ 106 with 0.6x reducer and ASI 1600.  81 300 sec Ha subs

h81a-81.thumb.jpg.32bff96eb8b4f2b470e72dadc3e8152e.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 12

11 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Certainly a sinisiter image!  Mono really works nicely because of the enhanced contrast.

Thats the beauty of Ha--one can get a satisfaction in a sin gle night--even individual subs.  But I am looking forward to adding color.  

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

Another nice one, you are certainly pumping them out. ! Or should that be pumking  lol

🤣

I have been fortunate since I received the FSQ back, it has been uncharacteristically clear

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard_ said:

Brilliant images Rodd! I've never heard of this target before, but I completely see how it got the name. Thanks for sharing, and there's no shame in whipping out the Ha filter for quick thrills ;)

Thanks Richard. I wish I remembered that this target is really a HaRGB target. 

• Like 1