Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon Dummy Battery - ACk-E6

John Wick

Just a new guy around here, but not sure if this is of any interest to anyone. I was looking for the above and came across this on Amazon

KWTOUL Replacement USB ACK-E6 AC Power Adapter DR-E6 DC Coupler LP-E6 Dummy Battery Kit Compatible with Canon EOS 5DS 5DS R 5D Mark II III IV 6D 7D 7D Mark II 80D Cameras: AmazonSmile: Electronics & Photo

For £6 it was worth a go, even the single review put me off, but it works fine on my 6D, the camera does display a message that it doesn't recognise the battery, but it still powers it. It works with my powerbank and on mains.

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

I've use cheap Chinese DC Couplers for years.

Only problem I've had was a particularly thin cable getting frayed where it went through the rubber flap at the side of the battery box.

This one looks to have a decent cable.

Michael

I've hand a genuine Canon version since 2015 - certainly when I bought mine quite a few of the clone versions had reviews reporting damaged cameras. I thought it worth spending a few pounds extra for piece of mind. I've used clones of the LP-E6 batteries for years though. 

@John WickI have one for my 6D, got it 2 years ago when I started doing a little bit of astro imaging. I have just ordered one for my 40D, but they were difficult(ish) to source, the one I saw on Amazon had a few bad reviews about when connected to a computer via USB when the power source was plugged in the connection or the power source was iffy. So I went with this one https://www.subtel.co.uk/Power-supply-for-Canon-EOS-5D-50D-40D-300D-20D-30D-10D-D60-D30-20Da-EOS-Digital-Rebel-CA-PS700-D-915673.html much the same price and whilst only 5 reviews, all are 5*. Though to be honest it just looks the same rebadged.