Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blustery moon 16th Oct

neil phillips

Was windy out there this morning. Pausing a lot

Clavius. prime focal length F12 Stella Lyra 7.3 ZWO 178MM Player one IR685 SW EQ5 PRO  And 90% capture size plato 75% last Clavius 100% capture size

75%

05_36_03_pipp 200 f.png 90 new.png 75 new.png

90%

05_45_00_pipp_   sgl 90.png

90%

05_41_09_pipp sg 90.png

90%

05_48_51_piip sg 90.png

75%

05_51_58_pipp SG 75.png C. Done.png

Later capture 70%

down.png 70.png more.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 6

Nice Moon image Neil. I was out there last night and it was certainly windy. I tried Jup and Mars, but could barely get the image to stay within the ROI, let alone see a good focus positon, so I gave up. I did grab a single run of Mars just to have something in the can, so I'll take a look at that later. I didn't even consider trying the Moon....🙄

47 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Nice Moon image Neil. I was out there last night and it was certainly windy. I tried Jup and Mars, but could barely get the image to stay within the ROI, let alone see a good focus positon, so I gave up. I did grab a single run of Mars just to have something in the can, so I'll take a look at that later. I didn't even consider trying the Moon....🙄

Cheers Geof its not easy getting lots of fine lunar detail when the image is constantly shaking. I kept pausing which helped a little. Was going to try Mars but being small with a 7.3 " scope thought the wind would make quality a bit iffy. so didn't bother. Your bigger system in a obs will likely fair better. So will look out for any process. if you do it. 

Edited by neil phillips