Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need advise for a tripod to stand a Gyro3 AltAz head

GiovanniAprea

I used to have an Astromeccanica huge and heavy wood tripod but legs crashed after years and now I have no way to use my small 80ED to check Jupiter, I am looking to buy a new tripod which can mount the Gyro3 like head whose base is about 70mm in diameter.

Any suggestion?

GrazieIMG_4797.thumb.jpeg.516f5ffe603ef87c314fbb026fa75df1.jpeg

A Berlebach Report may well  be the answer.  They have a modular system where you can choose both the head and the tripod.   They can be also be supplied with 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch or 5/8 inch threads. 

Go to https://www.berlebach.de/en/?bereich=produkte&kategorie=105&ansicht=liste 

If you can't see what you want there they'll almost certainly be able to make something to order.

I have a Report 112 Astro and can thoroughly recommend it.

Edited by Second Time Around

The Giros usually had either a 3/8" or M10 threaded hole in the base.  If you have 3/8" you can use most camera tripods directly.  If it is M10, you can use an R10 adapter from berlebach and still use a camera tripod.  There are many many such tripods, and you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

My Innorel RT90C has a little brother (don't remember model off the top of my head) which is lower price and has gotten good reviews for small scopes. 

I wanted a Berlebach Report, but it was OOS / backordered / "more coming soon".  C'est la vie in the astro world right now.

Edited by jjohnson3803

21 minutes ago, jjohnson3803 said:

My Innorel RT90C has a little brother (don't remember model off the top of my head) which is lower price and has gotten good reviews for small scopes. 

I wanted a Berlebach Report, but it was OOS / backordered / "more coming soon".  C'est la vie in the astro world right now.

Are you looking on Berlebach's own website?  I ask because I had the same problem and ordered direct from them.  Delivery was very fast.