Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Self adhesive teflon tape/strip source?

Sponcom

Evening SGL

I have been refurbishing a vintage Meade ED127 scope and I'm looking for some replacement tape for the focus tube. After taking apart the focuser there are two very thin strips of a clear teflon type material that I need to replace. It's so thin it's almost like sellotape.

Could anyone  suggest a source where I could obtain some? Had no luck searching the web so far.

Thanks

Paul

I got some from Amazon that I've used, As an example:

PTFE Teflon Tape Self Adhesive High Temperature + 260 ℃ Low Friction for Vacuum Hand and Impulse Sealers 13mm x 10m 2 Rolls : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Used it in the focus drawtube on the LT70 to improve the operation and elsewhere. You may be able to get thinner if that's what you need, also try an electronics supplier, perhaps.

10 hours ago, Sponcom said:

Evening SGL

I have been refurbishing a vintage Meade ED127 scope and I'm looking for some replacement tape for the focus tube. After taking apart the focuser there are two very thin strips of a clear teflon type material that I need to replace. It's so thin it's almost like sellotape.

Could anyone  suggest a source where I could obtain some? Had no luck searching the web so far.

Thanks

Paul

Can I ask is the focuser made from a plastic material if so it sounds the same as the one which was on my Meade 127mm EMC achromatic.  It was terrible I got a skywatcher dual focuser and got a company to make a adapter to go on the Scope.

20180822_111008.jpg

20180822_112322.jpg