Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium Script Pause/Stop?

Laurieast

I have the latest Stellarium V 1.22.3

Trying to find an answer to how to pause or stop a script other than going to Configuration and pressing the stop button. 

Is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way? 

I tried Googling this and got all sorts of different ideas, none of which work 😧

Hi Laurence,

If you press F7 it gives a list of shortcuts, and typing 'script' in the search bar at the bottom it comes up with these results 

Pause Script execution     Ctrl-D, P

Resume Script execution    Ctrl-D, R

Stop Script execution    Ctrl-D, S

There are also shortcuts to slow and speed up the scripts with no default shortcuts, though you can set your own. 😊

Alan

• Thanks 1

Thanks Alan,

Sorry for the delay responding, I forgot to set a follow thread, and somehow did not see you response.

Are you using the new version, 1.22.3 (Mesa) ?
All I am getting with F7 is:

image.png.413b50fc285e3375018a90144cebe0be.png

And trying the one's you have listed above has no effect 😧

Hi Laurence,

I was actually ussing 0.22.2 development build. I've just tried the latest 1.22.3 official release and it's now the same as your screenshot so it looks like there are some development features that haven't been incorporated in the official releases yet.

Here's the 0.22.2 screenshot

Shortcuts.png.be1b25d06a409feda808e3c6a29d3392.png

From the Stellarium home page If you go to the 'all releases' page under 'collaborations' you can get the latest 0.22.3 development release under Assets and that does include the new shortcuts but the search bar filtering doesn't work. 😟

Scrolling further down the 'all releases' page you can download the 0.22.2 release I was using where the search bar filtering does work so you can try that if you wish. 😀

If you're reluctant to try a development build in case it breaks and you lose your settings, (never had any problem myself) just back up the folder

C:\Users\[NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Stellarium

and if you have an issue with a new release just reinstall your old version of Stellarium, and then copy the contents of your backup folder to the above location, overwriting all the files when asked, and all your original settings will be restored. 🙂

I don't use scripts myself I don't think, so can't say if they work as stated.

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Thanks 1