Wibble wobble, jelly on a plate!

Rustang

1 hour ago, Rusted said:

Nice. :thumbsup:

What kit are you using?

Thanks, still very much learning. Equipment as follows: Bresser 102 refractor stopped down to f30, Altair 174mm camera and Daystar Quark solar filter. Open to critique if you notice anything I can improve on, that doesn't look correct etc!? Obviously I couldn't improve on the seeing yesterday! 

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1

Great image and I particularly love the colour tone you chose. This is inspiring as I have a quark in my sights in the near future,  doing the research now as I would like to do pretty much the same imaging 

you've just posted, nice work!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Great image and I particularly love the colour tone you chose. This is inspiring as I have a quark in my sights in the near future,  doing the research now as I would like to do pretty much the same imaging 

you've just posted, nice work!

Thanks, I contemplated what Ha Solar set up to get for months, originally I wanted to go full disc so I was looking at the Lunt 50 and 178mm but I have no regrests getting the Quark and getting in close plus it shouldn't take to many panes to create a full disc. 

11 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Thanks, I contemplated what Ha Solar set up to get for months, originally I wanted to go full disc so I was looking at the Lunt 50 and 178mm but I have no regrests getting the Quark and getting in close plus it shouldn't take to many panes to create a full disc. 

Great! I assume you've had no issues with the quark? thanks

None yet, it was second hand as well, the previous owner had sent it off to Daystar in America to fix an issue and it came back with a full bill of health so it should be good for a few years. You have to keep them stored correctly to prolong their life but at least if you do have any issues,  Daystar should be able to sort them.