Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polemaster adapter question.

Nigella Bryant

Dear Nigella,

Actually It should not matter as it looks at stars at an almost infinite distance, so a few centimetres left or right cannot affect its functioning. Therefore it is best to choose the most sturdy and convenient orientation, which seems to be the first image.

HTH,

Nicolàs

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, inFINNity Deck said:

Dear Nigella,

Actually It should not matter as it looks at stars at an almost infinite distance, so a few centimetres left or right cannot affect its functioning. Therefore it is best to choose the most sturdy and convenient orientation, which seems to be the first image.

HTH,

Nicolàs

Thanks Nicolas, appreciate your input.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jacko61 said:

Hi Nigella. 

Just catching up so sorry for the delayed response. I have mine the same as your top photo and it seems to work fine. 

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I did a polar alignment with the polemaster in the second pic position and seems to give a good alignment. I may try the other way just to see. I'm amazed at how much easier it is to polar align with the polemaster. 

• Like 1

I've found I have to have something running in the background e.g. Stellarium and APT otherwise the polemaster application freezes. 

Graeme

Edit:  Another handy hint - I've tied the USB2 cable to the lifting handle with an elastic band. I found one night, because the cable goes into the top of the pier the action of the mount rotating on it's R.A. axis had pulled the cable to tight and the USB plug had pulled loose. I can't understand why Skywatcher didn't put all the mount connections into the base. 

Edited by jacko61
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko61 said:

I've found I have to have something running in the background e.g. Stellarium and APT otherwise the polemaster application freezes. 

Graeme

Edit:  Another handy hint - I've tied the USB2 cable to the lifting handle with an elastic band. I found one night, because the cable goes into the top of the pier the action of the mount rotating on it's R.A. axis had pulled the cable to tight and the USB plug had pulled loose. I can't understand why Skywatcher didn't put all the mount connections into the base. 

Thanks, tips appreciated.