NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Please describe for me the vision of the "Reports" discussion?

emeraldhills

22 minutes ago, emeraldhills said:

Hello. Just wanted to make sure I understand: Would someone please describe for me the vision of this "reporting" thread? What would constitute a report... that is, one that SGL would welcome? Thank you!

Doug

Doug, for me an entry on this section would literally be a report about a session which involved viewing objects with any form of EEVA, be that video astronomy, live viewing with an Astro camera, Night Vision or any other similar devices. So, information about gear used, location, conditions and then an account/description of objects seen, or not seen.

The discussion forum is more general for equipment questions and advice etc

Hope that helps.

Stu

That helps a lot, Stu. So, for example, if we recorded that session on video and posted it on YouTube, we could just provide the YouTube link? Is that appropriate Stu? I just want to make sure I understand the ground rules and parameters.

Doug

PS. Thank you so much for answering, by the way!

• Like 1

Hi Doug,

Totally agree with Stu.

Picking up on Stu's comment, 'account/description' a few of us have tried to organise observations under various headings such that anyone interested in a particular DSO type could browse through the observations so far. Also, by coordinating observations it has led to some very interesting discussions, encouraged others to add in their observations, links to research papers, pointing out features missed in a post, comparing what is seen by different set ups....

The current list of DSO threads are:

Arp Galaxies

Planetary Nebulae EEVA Style

Interesting Galaxies

Palomar Compact Galaxy Groups

Hickson Compact Galaxy Groups

Voronstov-Velyaminov Interacting Galaxies

Abell Galaxy Clusters

Reflection Nebulae – EEVA Style

WBL Nearby Poor Galaxy Clusters

Ring Galaxies Thread

Shakhabazian Compact Galaxy Groups

LBN Nebulae

Distant Galaxies in the NGC/IC Catalogue

Arp/Madore Galaxies

There is nothing to stop other threads being set up.

We get a few video posts, so to have more will certainly add interest.

Mike

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, emeraldhills said:

That helps a lot, Stu. So, for example, if we recorded that session on video and posted it on YouTube, we could just provide the YouTube link? Is that appropriate Stu? I just want to make sure I understand the ground rules and parameters.

Doug

PS. Thank you so much for answering, by the way!

Good stuff Doug. Yes, of course, I think live video captures would be very informative for people reading the reports. A YT link with some explanation is perfectly acceptable 👍👍