NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ngc 281 The Pacman Nebula

AstroNebulee

Imaged from my flats imaging area last night in North Cornwall, after some teething troubles on a back focus/tilt issue its not looking to bad. 

Here is Ngc 281 The Pacman Nebula
42 x 180secs 120 gain -10 
30 x Dark, Flat and Flat darks
Stacked in DSS
Processed in Siril, Starnet ++2, Photoshop
Using Skywatcher 72ED on my Az Gti in Eq mode
Zwo asi 294mc pro for imaging controlled with my Asiair pro
Astronomik L3 Filter

Needs more data as noisy, happy so far.

Lee

Ngc-281.png

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Turbocoo said:

Had a go at that too with my 130pds. Still waiting on spacers for the 72ed. 

received_5829550550411371.thumb.webp.cff7714270941f625be29e692326da81.webp

Very nice too 👍, your 130pds be better suited to this to grab more light and your tendrils (pillars are looking really good) 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee

1 hour ago, AstroNebulee said:

Very nice too 👍, your 130pds be better suited to this to grab more light and your tendrils (pillars are looking really good) 

Lee 

Thanks Lee. I'm crap at editing, only just signed up to photoshop and haven't really a clue what I'm doing. The image should be quite a bit better as it is 135x3mins 

Asi 533 

Optolong L-extreme 

BTW are you still at 64mm spacing on the 72ed? 

Best Bryan 

Edited by Turbocoo

1 hour ago, Turbocoo said:

Thanks Lee. I'm crap at editing, only just signed up to photoshop and haven't really a clue what I'm doing. The image should be quite a bit better as it is 135x3mins 

Asi 533 

Optolong L-extreme 

BTW are you still at 64mm spacing on the 72ed? 

Best Bryan 

Processing does take a while to l hone in on your skills, I'm still learning as you always find something new to include or tweak your workflow, I've found a more solid way of processing now. 

I'm at 65.3mm to be fair I guess I was hoping that adding a tad more shim each time would bring the eggy stars in the bottom left to a good point  but I'm going to investigate more on that, (I've taken an image and rotated the camera 180° just need to check that now, as in previous posts to my issues in the past showed that it was a sensor tilt issue) as I kept altering the tilt adjuster on the left and right adjustment screws last night before imaging the pacman and made no difference. Thinking of stripping it back down to the basic spacers with the 294mc pro and starting again. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
addition

Edit to this @Turbocoo, I had a clear hour of sky tonight so took all the shims and spacers off back to the native 55mm still eggy so added my shims to the total of 58.3mm still looked eggy to me and will check better on a larger screen on the laptop moro. (did the rotate camera 180° too) 

My imaging train is a rotator, then ovl FF, 16.5mm spacer, zwo 2 inch filter drawer (21mm) and shims totalling 3.3mm then zwo asi294mc pr9 with tilt adjuster attached. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

It all looks great, including the stars but then I don't tend to zoom in to look for egginess!

Thank you, please don't zoom in 🙄, I'm still tweaking the backspacing and completely stripped it back and starting again. 

Lee