NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eq6 pro -new 2022 motherboard upgrade?

bottletopburly

Just browsing Microglobes website I saw a new motherboard for Eq6 pro  now they have the original which I only replaced in the last year but I also see they have a new version released August  2022 which has the better power connection so I’m assuming this would fit my 2008 Eq6 pro , will @FLO be stocking this item ? 
https://www.microglobe.co.uk/sky-watcher-motherboard-with-pcb-and-metal-fascia-for-eq6-pro-p-22415.html?

59 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Just browsing Microglobes website I saw a new motherboard for Eq6 pro  now they have the original which I only replaced in the last year but I also see they have a new version released August  2022 which has the better power connection so I’m assuming this would fit my 2008 Eq6 pro , will @FLO be stocking this item ? 
https://www.microglobe.co.uk/sky-watcher-motherboard-with-pcb-and-metal-fascia-for-eq6-pro-p-22415.html?

Just buy it from Microglobe, they are very good, I have a had a few bits from them over the years, there prices are very good too…they may not have them for long either….👍🏻

• Like 1

If all you want is to replace the old power connector with the new BNC type then there are several websites detailing the DIY approach to change this on existing mounts.  The only other benefit the new ARM based boards offer is that they have a USB-B port allowing direct connection to a PC so no need to buy an EQDIR cable if PC control is needed.  Personally I don't think the newer boards offer much more over existing PIC based boards.    As far as I know the module you linked to should be a direct replacement as it states it's for the EQ6 pro, but at £144 to get a better power connector and a built in EQDIR connection.... its your money 🙄