Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rowan Belt Mod cautionary tale

Swoop1

Read the instructions.

Having done that, read the instructions again, just to be sure you read them right first time.

Once you have started at your mount with tools, continue to read the instructions with each step.

The last thing you then need to do before installing a component is to read the instructions- the right part of the instructions.

Guess which muppert was looking at the image of the original fit toothed cog orientation prior to its removal instead of the Rowan toothed wheel?

Yes, I installed the Dec axis Rowan wheel reversed as that is what the Skywatcher cog looked like in the picture.

It was a tight fit so took some persuading to come off again!

At least the RA Axis installation went smoothly 🙄

I’m just very glad I have a fellow technotwit in SGL ( no offence intended ) as it sounds like just the kind of thing I’d do! 
Must admit to taking an age with the belt mod, and loads of photo’s, just to prevent this kind of thing.

Hope it’s all working well now though and you’re enjoying the rattle free slewing.

Cheers,

I

Edited by Tangoringo
  • Like 1