Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SynScan WiFi adapter says “no internet connection” in settings

So I bought a Synscan WiFi adapter a few months ago, haven’t really touched it since may. It seemed fine in may, but recently today I tried to connect it with my phone but an error shows up. I’m using an iPhone, so in the settings app I tried connecting it, it paired. Went to the Synscan pro app, tried connecting the device. “No WiFi” it said. Went back into the settings app, it suddenly said “no internet connection” 

F8856A1B-6398-4C63-BF47-A77189E22B9E.jpeg.dda30fe85c8768981fdb0a72dc9a555b.jpeg

Edited by Lighty

That's normal.

The wifi adapter creates its own small wifi network and has no connection to the outside world (no sim or connection to an internet enabled system).  If you need internet access you can connect the wifi adapter to a different network - such as your home network which has internet access. That should be in the instructions that come with the adapter. Note if you set the network values wrong it can take a long tie to get it to reset back to the default mode (again warning is in the document - it's annoying but not a bug).

• Like 1