NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hotech SCA T-Adapters

First Light Optics has become the official UK dealer for the Hotech range of astronomy accessories :)

We shall be adding a number of their products to our website this week but first up is the Hotech SCA T-adapter, probably the BEST T-adapter available!

hotech_sca_T-Adapter.jpg

Craig Stark of Stark Labs reviewed the 1.25" model and concluded:

"The thing just works. No matter what kind of attachment system your focuser drawtube has (single set-screw, compression ring, etc.), the device works the same. Screw your camera onto its T-threads and slide it into your drawtube. Then twist the big, black, knurled knob to compress the O-rings. Give it a few good twists and what once might have been a jiggly connection becomes rock solid. I might as well have epoxied the camera onto the focuser drawtube. Well, had I, I’d never get the camera off, but here all you do is untwist that knurled ring and then slide the camera out.

Great idea and great solution to a vexing problem. Well done Hotech!"

Craig Stark of Stark Labs

In stock now!

It works by turning the knurled part at the top, which compresses the rubber rings vertically so they expand out horizontally to fill "the gap", if you see what I mean (you can see the rings as the stripes along the length of the long section). I have one of the 2" versions here, but havent had a chance to use it in anger as yet.

Looks really nice Steve! Shame I just bought one of the others :)

I'm guessing you haven't had a chance to use it yet, you are welcome to return it for one of the Hotech adapters. They are rather classy!

Archived