NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Autumn Astrocamp 2022

cajen2

19 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

Well, it was a pain to set up, as the field is like a 1 in 3 and it needs to be level. The speed also needs adjusting......guess which idiot left the (what passes for) handbook behind. 😥

Now that is funny lol.  

38 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

I actually suggested that beforehand but nobody seemed interested. FLO do an SGL beanie hat - perhaps we should all invest in one of those....😉

I was considering a bowler hat, lapel red carnations and a newspaper under one's left arm... 🧐

Anyway, a good camp. Two or three nights like Saturday would've made the event spectacular but I managed some memorable observations during the clear skies we had and overall everyone there seemed to have a good time.

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cajen2 said:

Lots of SGLers were there but no way of recognising who was who. I actually knew two!

Good of you to introduce yourself - It was a shame we had to leave on the Sunday - but that Saturday evening night was something special.

Sorry Mistuk I totally forgot pitch 10. Also the Tomato brothers on Sunday afternoon walked right past my tent while three of us were talking. Live_Steam_Mad and I looked at each other and remarked on your simularity and as you got further away we noticed the 70s fold up chairs! I shouted 'Tomatos' (lol) but you didn't hear. After our convo I took a walk around to the bottom field but by then the rain had started and everyone had retreated to their tents, so I didn't fancy walking around shouting 'tomatos!'. 😆

Gfamily sorry I missed you too. Hopefully next time. Although I think I'll maintain Autumn astrocamp as a once yearly affair. April is far too cold. 🥶

• Haha 2

Have just arrived back home - the campervan survived (just)!

Had a great astrocamp. The first night was spectacular. My best ever view of the Veil nebula and the first absolutely definite view of M33 with proper direct vision and some structure. The second night was damp and with considerably more alcohol involved. I'd never tried Spanish brandy before - and probably won't again! 

Great to see everyone. The tomato bros, well one of them, came and introduced himself. @cajen2 - sorry I didn't see you when I left this morning. You must have been hiding!

Now just have to face unloading and unpacking!

• Like 4