NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ5 RA motor

12 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Sorry Dave I didn't do one I've just fitted two ceiling fan lights, the set turned up and just wanted try it checked the bolt first for the right thread got the oil out and tapped the hole. 

Never even entered my head to video it I should of took pictures but I didn't do that either 😥

ya do know we're kidding, right 😉

Some days when I'd tearing  lens down I forget so end up taking pics on assembly that show what I had done. After all as they say, reassembly is the reverse of dismantling... usually, tho not always 😄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Franklin said:

What kind of a motor and housing is it anyway? Doesn't look like the synta one I had on my old EQ5.

The motor is the synta one the picture is without the cover. 

Just now, DaveL59 said:

ya do know we're kidding, right 😉

Some days when I'd tearing  lens down I forget so end up taking pics on assembly that show what I had done. After all as they say, reassembly is the reverse of dismantling... usually, tho not always 😄

Yes of course but if I had thought on I should really have taken a few pictures. 

Screenshot_20220731-174513_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Yes of course but if I had thought on I should really have taken a few pictures. 

ya did kinda miss the opportunity of showing the tap going in driven by a FBH, that'd have got a few of us going maybe 😉 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

The motor is the synta one the picture is without the cover. 

I see, It's the Goto Synscan version, that's why I didn't recognise it. I've only had the simple RA 6vDC battery powered ones before and the motors on them are a little different.👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Franklin said:

I see, It's the Goto Synscan version, that's why I didn't recognise it. I've only had the simple RA 6vDC battery powered ones before and the motors on them are a little different.👍

I think that this one is in fact  the DEC motor as the RA one is in under the plastic cowling that houses the DIN connectors. That's why I was initially concerned about needing to tap to a larger size as that'd have been fun if the shank of the bolt wouldn't have fit thru the latitude knuckle on the EQ5 mount main body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveL59 said:

I think that this one is in fact  the DEC motor as the RA one is in under the plastic cowling that houses the DIN connectors. That's why I was initially concerned about needing to tap to a larger size as that'd have been fun if the shank of the bolt wouldn't have fit thru the latitude knuckle on the EQ5 mount main body.

I always get the RA and Dec motors mixed up even after 10 years I have a R and L on my wellies to remind me of my feet 😀

• Haha 2