Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

21-22 March a much better night...the Marathon Continues

Psychobilly

The cloud around sunset soon disappeared to leave the best skies for ages...

Couple of targets on the list here's the first roughly processed image no darks flats bias etc yets...

M101 Modded 350D on CPC800@f6.3 Astronomik CLS-CCD

19x300s subs a mix of ISO 800 and ISO1600

[ATTACH]20288[/ATTACH]

More to come soon....

Loads of dodgy subs with M82-M82 so ended up with only 9x300s left to stack :)

[ATTACH]20289[/ATTACH]

Hopefully the widefields will be ok... and found the problem the Alt clutch was too lose DOH :)

M81-M82 and Friends....

[ATTACH]20290[/ATTACH]

M101 and Friends....

[ATTACH]20291[/ATTACH]

Billy...

Color balance etc will be sorted later... once I have Flats Darks and Bias in the mix...

Thanks all...

If only the previous 3 mights had been like lastnight after losign a lot of frames on M81-M82 to the early clouds... and stupidity on my part after the scope "service" (I hadn't tightened the alt clutch up enough so I was getting slippage - really should turn on and use the guiding corrections graph) the skies cleared and stabilised nicely.

Some good stuff coming out here Peter.

Those cameras of yours are earning their keep mate.

See you have changed your Avatar. A bomb?

Is that wise.?:)

Ron.:)

It's how i feel at the moment Ron... I am a bit edgy... but hardly suprising afetr teh last 4 days and nights imaging...

I have decided to extinguish the candle at both ends after just doing a "final" process of the NA data...

Theres no way I am going to be able to process all the others to a suitable standard before midday but I have some pretty good data to work with when the clouds roll back in...

Only problem is.... I now have ideas for the Virgo Super Cluster mosaic project...... but it means i'll have to largely ignore the other targets...

Billy....

Archived