Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ampere Time 100Ah LiFePO4 Video Review

Over the last 4 months I have tested a 100Ah LiFePO4 battery from Ampere Time to power my equipment both at home and out in the field.   I chose this battery after looking at reviews and, in particular, having watched a few video tear downs which showed the quality of the build and components.  Also, this particular battery is one of the lowest cost (~$400)  LiFePO4 batteries on the market.  

So I put together a comprehensive video review to share my results for anyone looking for a LiFePO4 battery to power their astronomy equipment like me.  The review includes tests of the battery capacity, recharge rates both with an AC charger designed with Li batteries and with a pair of 100W solar panels.  I also kept track of how much power my setups consumed and how long I was able to run with this battery before needing to recharge.  Based upon the actual power consumed over multiple nights of astrophotography with my setups,  I am able to estimate how long this battery will last for many different setups which can help others estimate how long they should be able to run with this battery.

If you are thinking about transitioning to LiFePO4 I think you will find it helpful.  You can find the review here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIJPRiEm0VU&t=3s

Best Regards,

Curtis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great video Curtis, many thanks for linking it and the battery review. I am really liking the idea of a lighter battery I have to confess. 

Must say I never knew you could get a little dummy load like you had to test the batteries with and I think that is a genius
device (as I am not sure as to actual health of my batteries) so I will have to look into getting one of those.

kathleen

Curtis, after reading your review I contacted Ampere Time & asked if they could supply a UK buyers, here's the reply...

Hi Peter, Thanks for contacting Ampere Time. This is Kiki from Customer Service Center. I am delighted to be of assistance. I am sorry to tell you that at the present we do not ship to the U.K. but we are capable of delivering our goods to the EU countries. So I wonder if you have any addresses in the EU countries that can receive the battery. Else, you need to get help from a freight forwarding company to ship the goods from the EU to your address.

Seems here in the UK it's not that easy to buy from this particular manufacturer/supplier? 

Peter