Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun Dragon!

assouptro

I am on a camping holiday in wales, I brought some Astro imaging equipment and my Quark 

the sun has been really interesting and it’s been such a privilege to have had the time and the weather to “play” to my hearts content! 

Whilst looking today I saw AR 3032 traversing the limb and for a few minutes it resembled a dragon!

I have captured a solar Dragon whilst on a Welsh cliff side! 

😊

245B0EB7-612D-449E-AA32-F6B2D6883B2F.thumb.jpeg.4ac1b38ac7a9a99f8bf64463e1899b42.jpeg

Thanks for looking 

Bryan 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

That certainly does look like a dragon as well!!!

Thanks Pete

I was lucky to be viewing at that moment  as it kept that shape for a couple of minutes 😊

Cheers 

Bryan 

• Like 1

Very beautiful image. I think the orientation of the first photograph is superior, artistically. Perhaps, just add a note to it to indicate the "improper" orientation. That you captured this in Wales is an added bonus!

There is no up and down in space! ;)

Edited by Mandy D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mandy D said:

Very beautiful image. I think the orientation of the first photograph is superior, artistically. Perhaps, just add a note to it to indicate the "improper" orientation. That you captured this in Wales is an added bonus!

There is no up and down in space! ;)

Thanks Mandy 

I agree, the first image was my preferred angle, I added the second after following a thread where the “proper orientation” of an image was the main subject of discussion so I thought I should re-present it more accurately to satisfy the purists in this hobby 

I was so lucky to be observing from the right angle at that moment, one that will unlikely happen again, and in Wales too! 
Yup, it’s a special image 😊

Thank you for your kind comment 

Bryan 

• Like 1