Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 15-6-22

morimarty

My intention was to try and image jupiter but to my annoyance I soon realised I could not get on it due to a big apple tree in the line of fire. So Saturn to the rescue after a quick slew.

C11- Asi462c - AsiAdc - 2x barlow

Firecapture - As3 - R6 - Cs6

IR osc.

12790283_SaturnIRosc15-6-22.png.225675476ef364aba11e33e7f56f8083.png1177733368_SaturnIRosc18015-6-22.png.5f4fc72af0168859f7fda73d3fdfc4ff.png

IR 685 filter

2117063375_SaturnIR18015-6-22.png.9f9412825910d6922c57e675f0bf5731.png

RGB

1439394976_Saturnrgb18015-6-22.png.c138a7298831b4b7380e340836ee84a2.png

• Like 9

Excellent. Glad you put a RGB up it tells me a lot. That IR Helps at the front a lot doesn't it. Getting results like this. This early, is great practice. As things improve you will be totally in your stride ( you are already tbh ) Great results Martin just excellent capturing and processing all round. Very impressed. At last the planetary section is coming alive.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Excellent. Glad you put a RGB up it tells me a lot.

Neil I had you in mind all the time I new you would appreciate it.  Thats a lovely comment Neil Thank you.

54 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

At last the planetary section is coming alive.

Yes I think we are in for a very exciting season the more the merrier.

18 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Neil I had you in mind all the time I new you would appreciate it.  Thats a lovely comment Neil Thank you.

Yes I think we are in for a very exciting season the more the merrier.

Others will join in as it gets more towards late evening. I think finding your feet this early. And you are really ironing out what your doing. Is going to pay dividends. 

I can tell already you are totally going to rock as we go into the year. I think you will surpass me in the long run. Good as my 245mm newt is. Its not 280mm. Your resolution will show its mettle. it is already. I know i got a great RGB Last year. But nothing is a given. As you know its ups and downs in this game.   I can tell. you are going to seriously push the limit. 

I have enough experience to tell when someone is going to excel. And i am sure you aint even started yet. Much better is coming. that i am convinced of. Fun times for everyone

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

That IR Helps at the front a lot doesn't it

Neil I am totally blown away with the 462c camera chip.The sensitivity in IR is just incredible this should make it perfect for the UK seeing conditions.

• Like 1

Very nice images Martyn. The IR images are a totally different ball game, a lot more details.The rings from the IR 685 filter are coming alive with finer rings present and the Cassini division all the way around.

• Like 1