NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY Power Interface Cable

I need a 2nd power connector for my QHY268M camera.
Its a standard 2.1 inner, 5.5 outer plug but had the screw connector to make it secure.
Now it looks like a normal plug withut the screw bit fits and does seem to work fine but obvioisly the screw gives a bit more security.
Only place I can find these is on Modernastronomy.com at £20 which does seem quite expensive for one of these cables.

qhy-power-interface-cable

image.png.a8cbd4fc7637a9b42dea4a5696fb0c69.png

I just wondered if others used a standard 2.1 / 5.5 without the screw bt without issues or they know of another scource of these ?

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

Only just saw this and still testing my new QHY mono camera as don't have my filters yet but I'm using the "standard" cable that came with my Pegasus powerbox as that was already cabled into my setup so yes a normal cable seems to work just fine.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Only just saw this and still testing my new QHY mono camera as don't have my filters yet but I'm using the "standard" cable that came with my Pegasus powerbox as that was already cabled into my setup so yes a normal cable seems to work just fine.

I thought it would be fine and probably what I will also do 🙂 

Steve

2 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I thought it would be fine and probably what I will also do 🙂 

Steve

I must admit I liked the idea of the screw fit adapter but then it just introduced a push fit further down the line and made the cable twice as long..... Unless I get the snips and soldering iron out......

• Like 1

Mine melted due to a short and I couldn't find one nearer so I ended up ordering from Cyclops optics in Hong Kong. The cable was cheap but postage will almost certainly make it more than the one you found.

In the interim, I just used a normal cable with tape.

• Thanks 1