Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Wizard. This is what I gets inspite all... Magic

Ceph

Took this a autumn 2020, been working on it now and then, got different results.
The stars are manually digitally improved as my tube prefer giving moth like stars.
The smallest and faintest stars are removed because I thought it was worth the efferod for the nebula.
There are many small stars left, slightly larger than the ones I have removed.
I guess more then thousand stars has been edit in one way or another and there are still more to do if you like, I have not drawn anything on the pictures that should not be there,
just adjusted what already was there, I wish I could have less problems then the ones I am allready facing, but this is my reality and I do what I can with the pictures from my gear
and transforming them into what they should look from the very beginning with proper equipment, so I must cheat or edit whatever you prefer to call it.

Here is how most stars looked before they where corrected as my dumb tube think they looks

Stars-before.JPG.b8cf9a04c95ec1b727847f4193889f8f.JPG

And here they are corrected, (there are more to be done I know, there are still some moths)

Stars-after.JPG.cf774cd422551346e5f637ab131481d6.JPG

So spending some hours adjusting the stars and some editing on the main target gave me this result:

Wiz2200.thumb.jpg.a650e1b729a673ac9e7dd3b8b4837eab.jpg

I am happy with the final outcome and with the fantastic digital tools that allows you to do this, pure magic for me.

35xHA,SA,OII x300s
No darks, bias, only Raw pics
Sky-Watcher Explorer-190MN
NEQ6 SkyScan Pro
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro

• Like 10

Yes you are right, only I wish it was that easy with this tube I happen to own, no the main mirror has enough space to move if needed.
Have recalibrated the rubber pads several times after I adjusted the screws reaching the main mirrors back and made marks in the mirror.
Last time I opened it I could not adjust anything as it was lose enough already.
Guess I have to live with it as is. I suspects one of the mirrors itself, but I am not in the mood of buying new mirrors.