Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

97.7 % Illuminated Moon , 14th May 2022 @ 21:45 BST

Steve Ward

A rare excursion out in the dark for me these days , a quick test of the 'new' Canon 450D that I picked up for £40.00 last week (clean as a whistle and only 3000 on the clock , but it's diopter's bust ... but that's not needed when it's shoved up the back of a 'scope and tethered ... 😉 )

Was getting ready for the eclipse shoot I had planned but that's likely to be thwarted by the weather now ... ☹️

Shot 240 frames , stacked 120 of them.     The orientation's a bit off as I had to rotate the camera rather than adjust the variable Barlow.

772993310_Moon14-5-22214597.7illuminated.thumb.png.fd71ee698cd634f199af87db0c2ac6d4.png 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Sounds like a bargain. Moon was low so good result

I got it mainly to try and squeeze a bit more retail in my usual stuff as it's a couple of million MP bigger sensor wise , but I haven't had a decent blue patch to play with it in yet so sticking with the trusty 1000D until I see if I can get it to behave as I want..

Chose it because it's the same battery as the 1000D and more importantly the same DIGIC III processor . Tried "upgrading" to the 1100D years back but the DIGIC IV chip and software will not allow the same detail as the 1000D.

• Like 1