Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Adventurer max payload

m0pxs

Hi all,

I know the maximum payload for the sky adventurer is 5kg, however does this include the L bracket, CW bar and counterweight or are they additional to the 5kg, if they are inclusive it really knocks down the max payload of "additional items" such as camera/lens or camera/scope down to around 3.2Kg as the L bracket/CW bar/CW etc come in at 1778g. Your thoughts on this would be most welcome.

Phil

if the star adventurer's 5kg is inclusive of the dovetail and counterweight that would make it different to all of the other skywatcher mounts. Certainly my HEQ5 has about an 11 to 15kg weight limit and I am at 11ish  with only mt telescope, let alone the 10kg of counterweights on the other side!

I haven't weighed my star adventurer setup, but I had the 1kg counterweight plus a heavy sigma 105 f2.8 lens and a battery extension on my swsa maybe two weeks ago and it seemed to cope just fine... as long as I had it balanced (I set it up incorrectly, and the balance was only good for some of the axis rotation, as the night went on my images became more and more elongated- oops!

I think your current weight at just about 5kg is going to be ok as long as you are balancing it nicely.

• Like 1

I think it's meant 5kg payload, without dovetail/counter weight.

I've used the SA for a long time with a (max.) 3.2 kg setup and basically it went very well. 

Handle it like with other/bigger mounts: 50-70% payload for photography 😉 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, starwatcher_ch said:

I've used the SA for a long time with a (max.) 3.2 kg setup and basically it went very well. 

I am aiming on a usual payload of around 60% or so, maybe creep up a little when I put the guiding scope on but will ensure that the whole rig is well balanced

• Like 1

9 hours ago, starwatcher_ch said:

Just got this back from the UK distributor:

"The weight of L-bracket is included in (contributes to) the 5KG payload capacity. The total loading, including the L-bracket should not exceed 5kg

Kind regards,

OVL"

17 minutes ago, m0pxs said:

Just got this back from the UK distributor:

"The weight of L-bracket is included in (contributes to) the 5KG payload capacity. The total loading, including the L-bracket should not exceed 5kg

Kind regards,

OVL"

Thanks for clarification!