NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trees, barn and a few stars...(additional image in reply)

...two nights ago.

A Swaledale scene.

Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.

LR preprocess.

Sky 10 x 10s, iso3200, f2.5.  Sequator to stack and freeze foreground.

Barn ~10 x 5s, iso800, f5.  PS to combine image stack and lit foreground images.

Paul

Tree Barn Cass 02 b sml.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 12

Hi Paul,

Another nice view of the Dales cheers.

I like your " Busy " foregrounds but wouldn't like them at all in a daylight shot. After thinking about it I recon it must be the high contrast between the lit side and shadows in the trees and branches. The same thing applied to your river / bridge scenes.

Nice to see you out there still,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Trees, barn and a few stars...(additional image)
20 hours ago, davew said:

" Busy " foregrounds

Hi Dave, yes, they are a bit in your face.  Goes down well with the wider public.  Personal preference would be more restrained. (Original image updated with quieter version...)

I find ambient foregrounds can be very flat.  Using the lighting is great to give depth and also a sense of location.  A second image from the session at 50mm, 16 x 5s for sky.  Composition doesn't excite.

Thank you!  Noctilucent Cloud season in 6 weeks...

...cheers, Paul.

Tree Barn Cass 03 copy sml.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 2

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Trees, barn and a few stars...(additional image in reply)

I like the wall detail and the ghost !

Oh yes, noctilucent clouds ... I've failed every other year so may try failing again this year 😎

I've been trying to think up a nice spot for the Lunar eclipse on the 16th but so far have failed on that too ! I'll keep thinking,

Dave.

• Haha 1