SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tell us about your astronomy glasses

Paz

33 minutes ago, Second Time Around said:

Yes, almost certainly.  My astigmatism prescription in my observing eye is 0.75 dioptres.  I compared both 0.75 and 1.0.  The latter was better.

Very interesting!!  Thanks.  OK- I don't wish to derail this thread off topic any further 🙂

TeleVue is in the process of eliminating all the 0.25 sizes

Currently, the quarter diopter sizes are only available in: 0.25, and 2.25

Otherwise, they are now only available in half diopter increments.

I suspect the 0.25 diopter one won't stick around, either, as most with that little astigmatism see no need for glasses at the eyepiece.

• Like 1

I have a 1.0 Dioptrx and the best views I've ever had have been when using that but it's an extra amount of workload keeping it aligned accurately and so I mostly use glasses as my observing sessions are usually short.

There is one other benefit of glasses (and Dioptrx) I didn't mention before which is using them keeps eyepieces clean. I can't stand dust and crud on eyepieces and I don't like having to clean them so I prefer to wear glasses even at small exit pupils.

• Like 2