NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mount Zero Slo Mo Connector Snapped Off

Jiggy 67

Hi all,

Disaster struck a couple of weeks ago during high winds. I was out in relative calm using my mount zero, only recently bought. After a couple of hours it started to get quite windy so I took the scope off but made the fatal error of leaving the mount out under a cover, in the hope that the wind would drop again. I came out later to find that the mount, on its tripod had been blown over and was lying on the ground. After picking it up I saw that the mount had landed on the azimuth slo mo cable. Because I had tightened the cable to the connector with a screw driver the fall had caused the brass connector to snap as in the photos below.........I can't describe how gutted I was at my stupid mistake!!

I could use the other end to attach a slo mo cable or knob too but the other end is not ideally positioned when in use so I was wondering if I could disassemble the worm gear and just swap it the other way round?

Is this advisable?

Will it work?

Has anyone ever disassembled this mechanism??....any advice??....Is it just a case of loosening the small tension adjusters and removing the black cover plate??

Advice would be appreciated

Thanks

C7EA67AE-16E3-4BA6-A332-E7380EC7ED2C_1_201_a.jpg

94759F38-F2F3-43A5-9862-282244EC9FA9_1_201_a.jpg

On 03/04/2022 at 14:37, Jiggy 67 said:

Hi all,

Disaster struck a couple of weeks ago during high winds. I was out in relative calm using my mount zero, only recently bought. After a couple of hours it started to get quite windy so I took the scope off but made the fatal error of leaving the mount out under a cover, in the hope that the wind would drop again. I came out later to find that the mount, on its tripod had been blown over and was lying on the ground. After picking it up I saw that the mount had landed on the azimuth slo mo cable. Because I had tightened the cable to the connector with a screw driver the fall had caused the brass connector to snap as in the photos below.........I can't describe how gutted I was at my stupid mistake!!

I could use the other end to attach a slo mo cable or knob too but the other end is not ideally positioned when in use so I was wondering if I could disassemble the worm gear and just swap it the other way round?

Is this advisable?

Will it work?

Has anyone ever disassembled this mechanism??....any advice??....Is it just a case of loosening the small tension adjusters and removing the black cover plate??

Advice would be appreciated

Thanks

C7EA67AE-16E3-4BA6-A332-E7380EC7ED2C_1_201_a.jpg

94759F38-F2F3-43A5-9862-282244EC9FA9_1_201_a.jpg

Have you been in contact with Hutech? Might be worth it to see if spares are available.

• Like 1