Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI+2600MCP First Light Test

CCD-Freak

I just bought an ASI-2600MCp recently and I finally got to get first light at the last new moon.  I was at my SRO dark site under almost Bortle 1 sky but it was windy and the seeing was not too great but I was just testing so I went for it.  I used Astro Art 8 to take 20 x 5 minute subs (100 minutes total) of M78 with my SS15028HNT then I realized I had not turned on the cooler so the images were shot at +22C !!!   Well darn !!!

I went ahead and stacked the images (Dithered but NO Darks or Flats) with AA8 to see what I got and I was very surprised with the result. 

I am going to like this camera once I get everything dialed in.  (^8

M78 Test 22C-sm.jpg

Edited by CCD-Freak
  • Like 6

Welcome to the Twenty-six Hundred Club!  :)   Very nice image especially considering the various issues you had.  I’m very envious of your Bortle 1 skies.  Once you get underway properly you can look forward to getting some great images.  It looks like the 2600 is a good combination with that scope too. 

Are you going to change the name to CMOS-Freak? :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Welcome to the Twenty-six Hundred Club!  :)   Very nice image especially considering the various issues you had.  I’m very envious of your Bortle 1 skies.  Once you get underway properly you can look forward to getting some great images.  It looks like the 2600 is a good combination with that scope too. 

Are you going to change the name to CMOS-Freak? :) 

Twenty-Six Hundred club.....I like it  (^8

I feel very fortunate to have my dark site.  It took 3 years of searching to find it.  I have temporary telescope shelters and electric and water for my caravan.  I plan to build a permanent observatory and cabin in the near future. 

I have thought of becoming CMOS-Freak only if I can update my user name without having to creating a new account.

SRO LP map.jpg

FM2278 Paducah LP levels.jpg

• Like 1